Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful

As we celebrate Thanksgiving this year, I have so much to be thankful for.

To start with, we are celebrating our first Thanksgiving with our beautiful little girl. What a wonderful blessing she has been to our lives.
I have two healthy wonderful (sometimes) sons that bring me more joy than heartache. The both have manners in this world full of people who do not. I talked to Paul's counselor at school this week and she reduced me to tears. She went on to tell me thank you for raising a well mannered, respectful young man. God has blessed me wonderfully with children. I have also been blessed with a wonderful young lady for my soon to be daughter in law. I know she loves my son and takes good care of him. What more can a mother ask.
I have a husband who has always supported his family without fail. He has blessed me over and over. He says I'm spoiled, I prefer well loved. He is a unique man who doesn't show his emotions (unless he's mad) :) but now has a little girl who brings them all out now.
I have parents who have always stood beside me. I always knew I was loved, it was never questioned. They raised me to know right from wrong. I had a wonderful childhood.
I am an only child who gained 3 siblings when I married Paul Ray. His family also lives close by. His mom watched the boys when they were little so that I could work. Paul Ray was very close to his family, which was one of the things that attracted me to him.
I have an awesome boss that allows me to bring Grace to work and gives me the time that I need for her. As bosses go, He is the BEST!
I have a best friend that has been at my side for the last 20 years, she is the sister I never had.
There are so many things to be thankful for today, there are so many people who don't have nearly as much.
I hope you all have something to be thankful for today.
One more thing, I'm also thankful for my online friends, you guys are awesome.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

How did I miss this post the other day?? Very sweet, I love it!!

Isn't it cool to see how little girls can turn their daddies into mush? Just wait until that wedding day. No....even mommy doesn't want to think about that!