Friday, May 30, 2008
I'm posting some pics (that I finally scanned) of Gracies kindergarten class. These were the photos that were on the camera we sent. They were all taken the same day. There is one little girl in the red who is in a lot of them. I wonder if they were friends or if they just sat beside each other.
This is the view from our back porch, nothing but trees, weeds and I'm sure several snakes lurking around waiting to cause a heart attack.
We hope to put Gracies swing set where PaulPaul is clearing out on this one.
I think it needs something else.
The mayor of Mt Pleasant cutting the ribbon Tom (my boss) giving the mayor a basket of goodies.
Finally as we were leaving, she climbed up in the jump castle, but that is as far as she would go.
She is getting better with the dogs, she is forever the caregiver. She lets them outside, she lets them inside, she lets them outside, you get the picture! I now hear myself saying, Close the Door! She feeds them, and if you dont watch her, she'll give them her food. She wants Peanut (who is old and grumpy) to be her lap dog, and that AINT happening. She still doesn't want Neli to touch her, and this dog will be her faithful companion, especially if PaulPaul should leave. When we're outside, Neli is never too far away. No matter how many times she yells at her, Neli is still right there. She is the sweetest dog. I found her asleep at the foot of my bed yesterday morning when I went to check on Gracie while she still asleep.
Rare bonding moments
Rock Star Dog
just a matter of time before she tries to put clothes on her I'm sure
Rock Star Baby
Last night, Gracie was ready for bed, and came to get me, I was having a snack and trying to finish some things up for work-work (house work has fallen to the side). So she took my snack and went to the kitchen, I kept hearing the bag crinkle and thought its late for you to be eating, so I went to check on her, and this is what she was doing!
Those bags aren't cheap you know!
As you can see she has started picking out her own PJ's, and they do not match.
Paul Ray has been working so much lately that his little girl doesnt get to see him very much and that is really not good. They have opened two stores since we've been back from China, plus one in a bilo and two more will open this Saturday in a Bilo. Hopefully things will settle down soon, I sure hope so.
He also will be out of town (Boston) the week of her birthday, he leaves Sunday and comes back on Friday. That wont be good, he did however buy me a camera for my laptop so Gracie will still be able to see him and talk to him.
Then in July he will be gone for two weeks, but my boss is going to fly me and Graice out to stay with him for a week so she will only miss him for 4 days.
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Monday, May 26, 2008
Let us remember what today is! Its not just a day off from work, but a day to remember all of those who have served and died for this great country that we live in. I have an uncle who died in Vietnam.
You may not agree with the current war, and I hope if you are voicing your opinion, that you remember it is those men and women fighting that war that GIVE you that right.
this is my son marching in the Veterans Day Parade, he is out front
* Your fences need to be horse-high, pig-tight, and bull- strong.
* Keep skunks and bankers and lawyers at a distance.
* Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.
* A bumble bee is considerably faster than a John Deere tractor.
* Words that soak into your ears are whispered...not yelled.
* Meanness don't jes' happen overnight.
* Forgive your enemies. It messes up their heads.
* Do not corner something that you know is meaner than you.
* It don't take a very big person to carry a grudge.
* You cannot unsay a cruel word.
* Every path has a few puddles.
* When you wallow with pigs, expect to get dirty.
* The best sermons are lived, not preached.
* Most of the stuff people worry about ain't never gonna happen, anyway.
* Don't judge folks by their relatives.
* Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
* Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older an d think back, you'll enjoy it a second time.
* Don't interfere with somethin' that ain't botherin' you none.
* Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.
* If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin'.
* Sometimes you get, and sometimes you get got.
* The biggest troublemaker you'll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every mornin'."
* Always drink upstream from the herd.
* Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.
* Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole l ot easier than puttin' it back in.
* If you get to thinkin' you'r e a person of some influence, try orderin' somebody else's dog around.
* Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.
Gracie has to clean everything! She thought her chair, that Aunt Erin gave her, that had never been outside until now, needed a good cleaning! But what a smile, look at that!
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Gracie is 5 months older than Little Man!
When my child plays, she sweats!!!
Every time we go to town for something, I'll ask Gracie, ok where do you want to go now? That is usually answered with: Chris - tor - pher, Grand-daddddy! Too cute!
time to say goodbye, they kept hugging so I tried to get a picture, but at that very moment, Hunter decided ENOUGH and was pushing away from her.
Until next time!