Monday, May 19, 2008

It was a beautiful day and we spent most of it outside. We came inside after lunch, and Gracie has a habit of taking her glasses off, well I noticed they were off, and we spent the next 30 minutes trying to find them. Whew!
Later in the day, Gracie was getting things out of the refrig and bringing them to me. I'd tell her no, after dinner and she would go put it back. Well the last thing she came with was a raw egg, you know this wont end well", I told her no, put it back, but be careful, getting up out of my chair as I said careful, knowing the egg wouldn't make it. There stood my little girl, with both hands, (who hates to be dirty) doing her best to hold the egg that she has just cracked, I could look at her face and know the tears were coming. I told her it was ok, took the egg and cleaned her hands, and she lost it, she was so upset that she broke an egg, it was enough to break your heart. We finally got the rest of the egg cleaned up and she slowly stopped crying.
After dinner, we walked over to her baba's shed where he and PaulPaul were. They had the radio on, so she and I were dancing (ah, I love having a little girl), well as soon as her baba walked by, she went right to him. I've waited a long time for that moment, Gracie and her baba danced and danced, it was beautiful. It was all I could do not to cry.
I would like to say that for the last few nights, I put her in her bed after she is asleep and she will stay there all night. So now we just need to work on her going to bed in Her bed. One thing at a time.
We talked to Helen yesterday morning, and she was upset by the earthquake, which is understandable. Its hard to watch and not be able to do anything. My heart breaks for her and all of China. We really hope she'll be able to visit soon.

No comments: