Saturday, August 23, 2008

It's Offical

As of Monday, I am going back to work. Last week when we went to dinner with Tom and his wife, we were not there long before they asked if I was ready to come back to the office. I must say upfront, I do have the best boss ever, and I am truly blessed. After he mentioned it a few times, I asked if he were serious, and he said yes. I told him I'd come to the office and we would talk. The girl we hired to replace me wasn't working out as well as we had hoped and he was going to have to do something different.
Gracie and I have bonded very well, she is the light of my life, but I have learned over the last four months being home that I'm really not the stay at home soccer mom type person. Now maybe if I didn't need the money and we had lots of it, it might be different. But life being life, I think I'm just made to work. I really miss it.
Gracie will always come first, but for us, I think this is it, maybe we'll have more quality time together now. I know you are wondering what we'll do with her, WELL the great boss that he is, has set up a play room (bigger than my office) I hear it is complete with a doll house (that comes to my waist Paul Ray said) a baby crib, a tv, dvd's, toy box, dolls and who knows what else. His daughter KelliAnn just started high school and thought it was time she let these things go, I think it was so sweet of her. So my little princess will be coming to the office with me at least for the next 3 months, then I'm going to find her a nice daycare/preschool or babysitter close to the office.
I'm really excited, and looking forward to seeing how this goes. He has promised me that if it doesnt work I can go back to working at home.

No comments: