Saturday, March 7, 2009




Can I tell you, I've said I don't want any more kids, my life was complete. But when I watch these video and see these kids without parents it just breaks my heart and tugs a little. If Paul & I were younger, I'm sure we would go back. China will ALWAYS hold a very special place in my heart, but Paul Ray ages out this year. Once Paul Paul moves out, and Grace is a little older, we look forward to having a exchange student from China.

We attended a Half the Sky Fundraiser last week. We were able to sit with Paul & Chelsea, which we really enjoyed. Chelsea posted how they were going to sponsor a child, and everyone should think about it. Trust me, its been on my mind all week.

Paul and I talked about it, we've already started cutting out the extras, since Grace will be starting school this August, and lets just be honest, that's another car payment right there, but this little angle of our deserves the very best that we can give her. I think somehow we need to add this to our budget, I think we should all do what we can to help a child. I just don't understand, how someone can be okay with a child not being loved, or having a home, it breaks my heart. As I sit here a blubbering fool this morning I hope that everyone will think about sponsoring a child, and if your heart is not in China, then find somewhere does that spark a cord with you.



2 comments:

Carrie said...

Amen sister!I always say if you don't want to adopt help some to adopt or give donations to an organization! right on!

Chelsea Gour said...

It was so nice to get to really talk with you and Paul! I look forward to our paths crossing again some time. I hope all goes well with Grace getting into school and I think having an exchange student is a wonderful idea!