Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My Oldest Leaves Home

Last week, my oldest son, my first born, who is one of the sweetest people you could ever meet left home. I knew it was coming, but it was still a huge surprise when it happened.
He had gotten a new job and is working from home, so he moved into a spare room with Lyndsey and her dad. He had mentioned it when he first applied for the new job, and then the next thing I knew he was telling me he was leaving. I thought I'd have a little notice but he was able to move in one day.
I was a little disappointed at first because (beside the fact I didn't want him to go) he and Lynd's have done everything the right way and I wanted them to wait and get married before living together, but then I realized he had his own room so I feel much better about that.
Lynds is such a sweet girl and we all love her. But no mother is ready to see their child leave home, or maybe its me, I don't know. I started worrying about them (the boys) leaving when Brandon hit high school. I think having Gracie helped alot.
They came over for dinner on Sunday so that was nice. I don't think Grace understands the situation. As long as he comes to see me regularly we'll be fine, but who am I kidding, he'll be coming to see Gracie, but that's ok, I can live with that.
Brandon, you know I love you and I want you to always be happy! You always have a home here, never forget that. I pray that God blesses you and Lyndsey in all that you do.

No comments: