Sunday, July 18, 2010

Peanut Ray Winge

13.5 years ago, Paul Ray came home with a beagle that I wanted. I think he may have bought it home to give someone, I don't really remember exactly, but I remember being upset when he said no. However, after a long cry, he sent me out to get a dog. Our pick was a Shih Tzu! I remember going to the lady's house and having my eye on this one little fur ball, but another one kept following me everywhere, needless to say that little guy ended up going home with me. He was the cutest thing. I have LOTS of pictures, but most were before the digital age and I'd have to scan them.

The first night home we had him in the box next to the bed and he cried, that is until we picked him up and put him in the bed with us. (he wasn't fully potty trained at that time either) He quickly became king of the castle. Paul Ray named him. After we moved here he got sick and spent a week in the vets office, and has been on medication and on a special diet ever since. He was ready to go, but we were selfish, something you can really forgive yourself for. They say (so I'm told) that when a dog is ready to go, they will leave home. Last Saturday I put him out and when I went back to get him, he was gone. We searched EVERYWHERE. The roads, the woods, everywhere. We looked until late, and Paul was back up before 6. He was nowhere to be found.

He and Grace never really hit it off, he had already put in his kid time. I remember him playing with my niece Taylor when she was a baby.

He loved to chase a light, and would always open his gifts on Christmas, we have it on video. Anytime a picture was to be taken and he was near, he was sure to get in it. He loved to go for rides, didn't matter on what, a bike, the tractor or 4wheeler. He hated to get his hair cut, brushed or a bath!



He would have been 14 on New Years Day! We miss you Peanut Butter.

No comments: