Saturday, July 26, 2008

4 months ago today

I was so excited and nervous, at the same time, I couldn't stand it. It was the longest day of my life. We were actually on a plane headed to get my Baby Girl (I guess I should say Our baby girl, since she is a daddy's girl, and he loves it). I had pack and repacked the night before trying to get it all to fit in what we were allowed to take.


We nearly froze in Beijing, but it was nice to tour around and see some of China. I'm glad we were able to get pictures for Gracie. We do hope to take her back to China someday.
I want Gracie to know where she is from and to be proud of who she is. My baby has been through so much. She has gone from being that brave little soul on that day they placed her in my arms, to our little Princess. She will test us to see how far she can go, but that just means she is comfortable enough with us. She still wants to be a good girl.
She squeals with delight when her daddy comes home from work.
She loves the boys and Lyndsey, she lights up when she sees them coming home. She still gets up most mornings and will head upstairs to wake them.
Her favorite book is Ruby's Wish, a true story about a Chinese girl. She also likes her Gigi books. She loves Mickey Mouse, The Doodlebops, Little Bill and Charlie and Lola. She can be very bossy. She gives the dogs direction all day long. She wants Peanut to be a lap dog, he'll have no part of that.
She wont eat eggs, I guess she had too many in China and when she first came home. She loves fruit. Every chance she gets, she says Just one little, referring to my soda and coffee. She still prefers a dress over pants/shorts. She is a Homebody and likes to be at home. I don't take her outside too often, she gets bites/bumps all over, not sure about that. She Loves Playdooh, and her colors (crayons). She loves to have her picture taken and to take pictures.
She can say her ABC's, spell her name, (she still has trouble with XinMing), she can count to 100 but needs help with the 30 -40 - etc.
She says she is 3 girl, meaning she is Daddy's Girl, Mommy's Girl and Paulpaul Girl. She loves her baby's, and still likes them undressed.
There is no feeling in the world, like getting a hug and kiss from my baby and hearing her say "Mommy". It is so sweet, and I am so blessed.
God always has his plan, when we started this, I wanted a baby baby, as young as possible, and I remarked several times, I'm so excited, I'm going to have a child that I wont have to take to the eye doctor regularly. I think God has a sense of humor, I can clearly remember seeing her tiny face on the website that Friday Morning and reading her profile. She was no baby baby and she would need to see the eye doctor on a regular schedule (twice a year), but she was our daughter, made perfectly from above just for us. I cant tell you or explain the joy this little angel has given to us, Paul Ray, myself and both the boys. She lights up our lives and we are head over heels in love.
I left her for the first time on Thursday night, Paul Ray wanted to see the BatMan Movie (Excellent Movie), so I left her with the boys and Lyndsey. I told her for two days what was going to happen. Knowing it would be worse for me than her. She was so excited, well the time came to go, and she wasn't excited anymore. Paulray had already told me, I'll give you 20 minutes and then I'm going with PaulPaul. :) So I hid my tears, got her busy playing with Lyndsey, knew she was ok, and out the door. Brandon said they tried to get her to go to sleep, but she would have no part, she was waiting for her Mommy and Daddy, it was 10 pm and she was doing Lyndsey's hair when we got home. She was happy to see us, but she was fine.
Her daddy wants to take her to see Mickey, it was a hmmmm, a heated debate and I'm curious what you think. I'm a planner, and I think that first trip to see Mickey should be done right, as the boys did. A week there to see and do it all. He wants to hop in the car and go for two nights. Am I wrong for not wanting to do that???? I mean, how can she have breakfast with Mickey, and dine in Cinderella's castle in that amount of time. That is a magical time for a child, and I just want it perfect!

No comments: