Saturday, August 28, 2010

A Hiking We Will Go

Ok, no we wont, but I did offer.  We're taking Grace to the mountains, this time in October when the leaves are changing.  I was trying to find something thing he would enjoy as well.  Well besides the stop at the Bass Pro Shop.  I was even going to do the white water rafter, which scares me like you wouldnt believe.  but (hehe) thankfully Grace is not old enough or weight enough yet (thats my girl).  So I thought maybe we could go hiking in the moutains, at first he thought that was funny, and ended it with You Hate Walking, NO!!,  I think he was worried about having to carry Grace.  Anyway. 

So we are taking a quick 3 night trip to the mountains, haven't decided yet where we are staying.    The only thing we have confirmed is the Smokey Mountain Railroad in Bryson NC.  That should be a fun filled day.  They have the Peanuts that time of year.





And I thought we could get a cabin and take our own food and for those that know me know that is not a vacation!!!!!! :)  I didnt realize my hubby thinks the same way.  Its seems a hotel has won out in favor of eating out.  My kinda trip any day of the week.  Now just gotta figure out where to stay.  

We tried to talk our manchild into going with us, he is just rude and wont go.  Poor Grace, I wish she had a younger sibling, but I don't feel bad enough to have another one, we have met our quota.


_^_^_^_^_^_^_^__^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^__^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^__^_^

Grace is doing great with Piano!  Its amazing how well she takes everything in, I wish I did.  Her dance class has had only 2 little girls in it, so they have moved them both to a different day, cant wait to see who all is in that class on Tuesday.
She is also doing the Little General Cheerleader this year at school.   Her first practice is this week.  Maybe one day she will be a varsity CA cheerleader!!!!

_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^

My dear sweet Ashlee Gail is sailing out of Chas on Wednesday, LUCKY DOG!!!  I'm trying to arrange for Grace to go see the ship leave.  We are so lucky to have her in our lives.  I hope she has a great time.  I'm sure she will.  Wish I were going with you.  We will def have to plan one of those together.  Hey, Paul Ray is now wanting to go to Bermuda.  So we'll see.  Ash, remember, if you use Tanning Oil, you will be sorry!!!!!!  Have a great trip, you get back on Monday, we'll see you on Tuesday.  Love ya

1 comment:

The Sharp Family said...

Peg, my mom and sister took Elias rafting, or it was more like tubing when we went. It is for 4 and up and mostly geared to kids. Not rough at all. They stop half way and let the kids swim and they give them a snack. They LOVED it but I think it was a little low key for Elias. Let me know if you want more info :)